The Vancouver Skating Club seeks your support in their ongoing fundraising activities this year. With everybody’s help, we will be able to raise money to support our skaters. Here are some of the ways we can assist:
- Financial support for club skaters in attending BC Coast Championships which is the qualifying championships for StarSkaters as well as entry fees for Elementary & Pre-Preliminary (non-qualifying)
- Financial support for club competitive skaters participating in BCYT Sectional Championships a qualifying event for Challenge, then Junior and Senior Nationals (when possible)
- Financial travel support for club skaters who qualify for Pacific Starskate Championships and possibly National StarSkate Championships
- In-service professional development for club group programs – CanSkate, Canpower
- Pays insurance premiums for members who are volunteers who need to be registered with Skate Canada (i.e. Board members, VSC registered judges, accountants, other officials, test chair, etc.)
- CanSkate Group Program Supplies – badges, equipment, etc.
- Test and competitive medals, badges, trophies, plaques and other awards provided at no charge to club members
- Support to any home ice club member who attends the annual Kelowna Provincial Development Camp
- Subsidies for Christmas Gala, coaching costs, etc (when held).
- Subsidies for the cost of the Valentine’s Day event (when held).
- Club Scholarship awarded at the year end Banquet for graduating Club member attending University/College
- Volunteer recognition – the Club has a trophy which it provides to the BC/YT Section to recognize Official/Judge in memory of Audrey Moore
- Sponsors a trophy every year at the BCCR Victoria Day InterClub – in memory of Carol Blackburn.
Thank you for your continued interest and support. We always appreciate your efforts in our fundraising endeavors. If you have any questions or would like to join our fundraising committee, please feel free to email Penny at fundraising (at) vancouverskatingclub.ca
Thank you for your continued support.